Main Department – Meade Clinical Centre
- 6 x Philips Digital Diagnost Rooms located in MCC which cover IP’s, OP’s, GP referrals. Rooms have wireless detectors and are stitching compatible.
ED – 24/7 Acute Services
- 2 x dedicated ED rooms currently with Philips Digital Diagnost Units (to be replaced early 2019)
- 4 bedded Resus suite with a dedicated ceiling mounted CR Unit (to be replaced early 2019 with a 2 x 2 DR unit).
- Dedicated OPG Room
- Philips Easy Diagnost (which went into service July 2017). Dedicated Timms imaging system for SLT studies.
- Philips Multi Diagnost Eleva (Flat Detector / C-Arm)
- 6 x Philips Image Intensifiers, with a mix of Pulera’s and Veradius’s (flat plate)
- 4 x Philips DR Diagnost 2 x GE AMX4’s
Patients (figures per year 2017)
- Outpatients: 19000
- Inpatients: 21000
- GP Referrals: 5000
- ED: 35000
- Theatre 7272
- Fluoroscopy & Endoscopy 5119
The conventional imaging department provides a diagnostic service to all specialties across the hospital and the wider region.
Our outpatient referrals include all types of orthopaedic work including specialised spinal imaging which is carried through into the complex procedures that are done in theatre.
The conventional imaging department in MCC operates Monday to Friday 0800-1630.
ED is staffed 24/7 and provides imaging for whatever comes through the door, as well as covering Inpatient’s when MCC is unstaffed and servicing all acute theatre needs.
- Full time: 38
- Part time: 18 (working a variety of FTE from 0.4 to 0.9)
- Shared with other areas: from the above, 16 staff (full & part-time) work 50/50 between modalities to include CT, Interventional, Mammography & Cardiology.
- Fixed Term: 3
- Casual: 3 Students: 25 students over 3 years from Ucol and ARA